Minutes of Meeting – 19th September 2012
Christine Dale MBE (Chair), Helen McAsey (Treasurer), Anne Wroe, Liz Martin, Andrea
Miller, Helen Greenhough, Val Scott, Sarah Blevins, Angie Hague, Pam Walker, Jen
O Neill, Hayley Townley, Claire Hart
Apologies: Thank you to all that sent apologies.
1. Welcome to everyone.
2. Matters Arising from previous minutes: None.
3. Last meeting’s minutes proposed by Anne Wroe, seconded by Liz Martin.
4. Info Sharing evening. Due to the success of the last one then next Information
Sharing evening will, be on October 17th at Christine’s house from 7pm until 9pm.
If you would like to come along and share your ideas about everything childminding,
please let Christine know. If you would like directions please email Christine.
5. Training courses. Christine told everyone about a friend of hers in another authority
who has been inspected by Ofsted under the new EYFS, and who has been marked down
because she had not attended any training in the last 12 months. Her local Authority
only provided First Aid and Safe guarding but nothing else. The training provided
by Boscma last year was a sell-out. We talked about what we should offer next year
and a few of the suggestions were, Behaviour management, The new EYFS and more training
from Grumpy and anything that’s a bit of fun. Christine will look into training and
what we can provided as well as cost. It was felt that Boscma could fund some of
the cost of a training evening but may have to make a nominal charge of £10 depending
on the cost of the trainer. She will let us know at the next meeting in November
what training is available.
6. Chairs report. Please see attached report.
7. Treasurers report. Please see attached report.
8. Reddish Vale drop in. After much discussion it was decided that this would no
longer continue due to people having difficulty getting there and having to leave
early for school pickups. It was decided we would look at an alternative.
9. Re Election of officers. After a majority vote both Christine and Helen were re
AOB. Christine is hosting a Mac Millan coffee morning at her house on 28th September
from 10 am until 2pm.
Father Christmas has been approached and has offered us the 19th December for a visit.
Details to follow.
For those members who attended the Evening with an Ofsted Inspector your attendance
certificates will be sent electronically.
If you have the Grumpy membership cards can you let Christine know.
Does anyone have a baby Einstein or similar for sale, if so can you contact Christine
and she will pass you on to someone who is looking for one.
Social 8.10pm Meeting closed at 9pm.